President Biden Announces United for Ukraine program, Expanding Opportunities for Ukrainian Citizens to Come to the United States.
- The United for Ukraine program is a streamlined process for Ukrainian citizens who have been displaced by Russian aggression to apply for humanitarian parole in the United States.
- Beginning April 25, 2022, U.S. citizens and organizations can apply to sponsor Ukrainian citizens in the United States. Sponsors must declare their financial support and pass a security background check.
- To qualify, a Ukrainian citizen must have been a resident of Ukraine as of February 11, 2022, must have a sponsor in the United States, must meet required vaccination and public health requirements, and must undergo biometric screening and security background checks.
- Ukrainian citizens approved under the United for Ukraine program will be authorized to travel to the United States and be considered for parole (entry), on a case-by-case basis for up to two years, and will be eligible to apply for employment authorization in the United States.
- Ukrainian citizens who wish to utilize the United for Ukraine program should not travel to Mexico to attempt entry without pre-approval.
- Along with the United for Ukraine program, the United States is working with European countries to expand refugee resettlement operations in Europe and, to the extent possible, expediting access to nonimmigrant visas for individuals with humanitarian, medical, or other extraordinary circumstances.
David Swaim & Associates, P.C.